[JR: Maybe I’ve been going about this the wrong way? Instead of looking for a successor, I should build a a group of volunteers, like McEneney, Mike (MC1953), who each do a fun part of the job. With very limited duties and time commitment, alums would be more likely to take on a small task. Then, with fifty or so volunteers, CICing wouldn’t seem like an enormous burden. Comments? ]
Here’s the first sub-task.
*** begin quote ***
Intern / Facebook Researcher
No pay internship
Virtual work location
Estimated 1 hour per day / perhaps 7 days per week
Duration: July 1 to December 31, 2012
— Interesting challenge in Social Media / Facebook
— Build your personal network while reporting on your fellow Jasper alums
— Explore new avenues of “marketing” on Facebook
* Working virtually, under the supervision of the Collector In Chief (i.e., Publisher, Editor, Writer, Director), you will identify our fellow Jaspers, engage with them, and report news about them.
* Explore new Facebook capabilities (e.g., birthdays), Google search techniques (e.g., “site:linkedin.com), and other inet tools to identify Jaspers.
* Collect, compose, comment on, and submit one Jasper “finding” daily. Can be “front loaded” ahead of time.
* Build skills and confidence under the leadership of a fat old white guy injineer with a lot of dikw (i.e., data, information, knowledge, wisdom) that you can “absorb”.
* Gain visibility amoung your fellow Jasper alums that can lead to an extensive network and some modest recognizability.
* Get a reference from a well-connected below alum that can be used personally and professionally.
* Inet access and appropriate platform
* Ability to work self-directed
* Ability to meet deadlines
* Probably only of interest to a Jasper alum
*** end quote ***
[JR: How does that sound? Not too intimidating? Easy to suck someone in? I’m desperate to try anything to make this outlive me! Argh!]
# – # – # – # – # 2012-Jun-04 @ 05:22