JFOUND: Oehler, Patrick [MC2001] photographer The Poughkeepsie Journal

2015-Aug-23

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/story/news/local/2015/08/22/editors-column-meet-newest-journal-journalists/32012969/

Editor’s column: Meet the newest Journal journalists
Stuart Shinske, interim publisher/executive editor
10:33 p.m. EDT August 22, 2015

*** begin quote ***

Patrick Oehler, photographer/videographer: Patrick discovered his passion for capturing pictures while taking his first photography class at the age of 17. Two years later, while attending Suffolk County Community College, Patrick connected this love of photography to journalism by joining The Compass student newspaper. He carried this over to Manhattan College, where he quickly became the photography editor at The Quadrangle. While most college students were partying, he was roaming the city with his camera capturing cityscapes and photographing musicians (his roommate was a drummer).

After college, Patrick started freelancing for The Sentinel and Enterprise in Fitchburg, Massachusetts, and discovered that photojournalism was his calling. He later landed freelance work with Newsday, and did that for more than six years. Afterward, he worked at a photo studio in New York City, honing skills in other areas of photography. As part of the Journal, Patrick has relocated to the Hudson Valley. He’s enjoying the outdoors, great food and the visual beauty the region offers to someone whose life has been focused on capturing the world around him.

*** end quote ***

Oehler, Patrick [MC????]

# – # – # – # – # 

Dear John,

I believe that Patrick is a member of the Class of 2001.

Mike

McEneney, Mike (MC1953)

[JR: Thanks, Mike. Much appreciated.]

Oehler, Patrick [MC2001]

# – # – # – # – #  2015-Aug-24 @ 12:01