Lucky in love: Good Samaritan finds and returns engagement ring a MONTH after couple lost it on South Carolina beach
- Kelly Gourley-Dalton and Robby Alexander lost the ring on Edisto beach
- They had got engaged just two days earlier, on July 4
- Steve Rickerson, who has a house on the beach offered to help find it
- After two days with his metal detector, Rickerson had no luck
- But he kept searching, and eventually found the ring a month later
By JAMES WILKINSON FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 09:33 EST, 9 August 2016 | UPDATED: 10:18 EST, 9 August 2016
*** begin quote ***
A recently engaged couple have even more to celebrate after a kind stranger helped them recover their engagement ring – a month after it was lost on South Carolina’s Edisto beach.’I was throwing a football,’ Kelly Gourley-Dalton told KHOU. ‘I went down to the water to put my hand in, and when I put my hand back up, it was gone.’ She had only been engaged to fiance Robby Alexander for two days when the accident happened on July 6. But despite appearances, luck was on their side.
*** end quote ***
I’ve had girl’s lose rings, but never this lucky.
I love stories about honesty.
The fellow could have hocked the ring and no one would have been the wider.
John Wooden – “The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching.”
Let’s put it to the test and put him in Congress?
Is Diogenes of Sinope still looking?
# – # – # – # – #