EXCLUSIVE: Heartwarming moment Good Samaritan steps in and buys $749 plane ticket for desperate father whose daughter, two, is told she’s too old to fly for free
- A father was left speechless when a stranger bought his daughter a plane ticket
- He was told at the check in counter that she was too old to fly for free
- The woman, Debbie Bolton, stepped up and paid for the girl’s $749 ticket
- Bolton wanted to remain anonymous, but after the story went viral online, friends commented revealing her identity
- Bolton is the co-Founder and Global Chief Sales officer at Norwex – a home cleaning product firm
- A woman who works for her, Susan Holt, said that she is an amazing woman who never would have intended for this story to go public
By Abigail Miller For Dailymail.com
Published: 20:55 EDT, 11 March 2017 | Updated: 09:12 EDT, 12 March 2017
*** begin quote ***
Although Bolton hoped to stay anonymous and did not buy the ticket to receive attention, after the post was shared on Facebook a number of people left comments that revealed her identity.
Some of her personal friends and coworkers left comments that this is exactly the kind of thing that she would do, and that they are proud to know her.
*** end quote ***
While I’ve done a lot of anonymous stuff in my time, but nothing this big or on the spur of the moment like this.
And she tried to stay anonymous.
I have told you, everyone, and anyone the old Irish adage about “good works only count if done in secret”. Funny, I learned that from my maternal English Protestant grandmother who wanted to teach me about my maternal grandfather’s “heathen Irish culture that has a few good points”. ROFL!
I hope this kind soul get credit even though she was uncovered.
Nice to know there are these kind of people in the world.
Dona Nobis Pacem
# – # – # – # – #