The moment a hero transit worker saved two female cop as a suspect attacked them and tried to steal their guns – before his bosses put him under INVESTIGATION for his heroism
- Two female Tampa Bay police officers struggled to arrest Charles Kee, 26, at the transit center on April 26
- Video of incident shows him punching one of the officers in the face while also trying to grab her gun, police say
- Transit supervisor Tim Martin stepped in to help the officers and is set to receive an award from police for his heroism
- But his bosses put him under investigation and said he could face disciplinary action because ‘there was a stretch of time they didn’t hear from him’
- The investigation was later dropped and Martin will not face disciplinary action
- Kee was arrested and charged with battery on a licensed security guard, trespass after warning, battery on a law enforcement officer, and more
By Regina F. Graham For Dailymail.com
PUBLISHED: 11:53 EDT, 8 May 2017 | UPDATED: 16:11 EDT, 8 May 2017
*** begin quote ***
The heroic moment a transit worker jumped in to help two female police officers when they were allegedly attacked by a suspect who tried to steal their weapons was caught on surveillance footage.
*** end quote ***
Great story about initiative and courage. And, of course, that no good deed goes unpunished.
Who knows what would have happened if he had not stepped in?
It’s as close to that “saving a life” action than most people get. And, I’m afraid to say that others might not get involved or, even worse, be on the “wrong side”.
Nice to see that the folks in that particular “ivory tower” got the heads screwed on straight and didn’t punish the fellow.
Might even be a “training opportunity” to other officers.
Glad it all worked out and everyone go to home. Hope I can have that kind of courage.
# – # – # – # – #