Children of the first female New York Police Department officer to be killed in the line of duty since September 11 are given a debt-free home through donations
- The three children of slain New York Police Department officer Miosotis Familia will receive a debt-free home in The Bronx
- A cooperative effort by the New York Daily News, the Tunnel to Towers Foundation and the Skyview Apartments LLC raised $818,000 for the children
- Genesis Villella, 20, and Delilah and Peter Vega, both 12, lost Familia after she was killed by Alexander Bonds in July
- Genesis said: ‘I owe it to my mom to make sure that the three of us will be taken care of… in a loving and healthy environment’
- Familia was the first female NYPD police officer to be killed in the line of duty since September 11
By Dailymail.com Reporter PUBLISHED: 02:05 EST, 4 December 2017 | UPDATED: 02:59 EST, 4 December 2017
# – # – #
In essence, people are very charitable. Despite all the taxes, expenses, wants, and needs, somehow good people find a way.
At this time of year, who knows all that is given, but that is essence of humanity.
Dona Nobis Pacem
# – # – # – # – #