Drunk driver, 28, with three DUI arrests in nine months, is sentenced to 20 years after killing father-of-seven who she rear-ended with such force he was impaled by a guard rail
- Louisiana woman Olivia Matte, 28, was sentenced to 20 years in jail on Thursday
- She pleaded guilty to vehicular homicide in September
- On March 23, 2017 she rear-ended Mississippi father James Blackmond, 37
- The impact forced his car onto a guardrail and a broken piece of the railing penetrated his back car window and impaled him
- Blackmond’s wife Queenita said: ‘Olivia Matte didn’t just kill my husband, she killed me, also’ at Matte’s sentencing
- The accident was Matte’s third driving while intoxicated accident in nine months
- Her blood alcohol content was nearly three times the legal limit at time of crash
By MARLENE LENTHANG FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 12:14 EST, 17 November 2018 | UPDATED: 15:05 EST, 17 November 2018
# – # – #
Great work, Gooferment.
THIRD DUI in NINE months!
Ruining a lot of lives with it’s lousy system!
# – # – # – # – #